Listing courtesy of Timothy Heney from Heney Realtors/Montpelier
On a corner lot across from the campus of Vermont College of Fine Arts, this 5288 square foot Queen Anne style wood-frame clapboard house was built in 1895. For many years this was known as Howland Hall and used as a dorm and then offices and program space for Vermont College. The current use since 2005 is a school. Many period details include a welcoming covered front porch with Tuscan columns, decorative wood shingles, bay windows, one-over-one sash and round arched windows. Many interior natural finish wood trim details remain. In 1990 and 1991 Freeman French Freeman Architects renovated the interior and added new wood doors, metal frames in many door openings, and added a firewall and door in the front entry hall. With three full floors of finished space this grand old home can accommodate a number of potential uses. The site includes six parking spaces in the parking lot off West Street. This lot includes shared access for 9 West Street. A second parking area off East State Street is used to park 5 cars and is the access point to a utility/storage area under the back of the building. Mixed Use Residential allows office use as a conditional use.
Copyright 2018 New England Real Estate Network, Inc. All rights reserved. This information is deemed reliable, but not guaranteed. The data relating to real estate displayed on this web site comes in part from the IDX Program of NEREN. The information being provided is for consumers’ personal, non-commercial use and may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties consumers may be interested in purchasing. Data last updated .